Pawning has been around for thousands of years and it's an easy way to get a secured loan by putting up something you own as collateral.  Facet Jewelry, Music & Pawn is a lending institution. We offer cash loans on valuables.  We are a local pawn shop with two locations near Cincinnati, in Amelia and Milford.  Our loans are made on secured collateral. Sometimes a situation may arise when a person's paycheck is delayed or insufficient. They can bring in an item and receive a cash loan. Our loans are good for three months and are renewable monthly.

Banks rarely loan under $1,500.00 and are complicated by application fees, a credit check and long delays as you wait for approval. At Facet Jewelry, Music, & Pawn your loan will be processed quickly with no credit checks, no credit processing, no bank charges, no court fees, no employment history, no banking information, NO HASSLES!

Just quick, confidential cash loans.

If you no longer want your item and do not want to borrow against it, we will buy it for cash.







What is a pawn?

  • We hold your item as collateral & loan you cash.
  • A pawn is not selling your item.
  • A pawn is initially a 100 days (72hrs minimum) & can be extended monthly
  • A pawn allows you to extend the loan by making payments. (5% interest plus $4 storage fee)
  • A pawn allows you to borrow CASH today on your valuables without having to sell them.
  • A pawn allows you to get your items back after paying off your loan
  • Failing to pay or redeem your pawn will not affect your credit score in any way.


How does a pawn work?

  • Bring in your item of value that you own
  • We will assess your item
  • We will make you an offer
  • We will test your item
  • We input you ID info into our system
  • We generate a pawn contract
  • We hand you the cash
  • We store your item

* Must be 18yrs or older

* Must have a government issued ID

* You must own the item

* Pawning or selling an item this is not yours is considered a crime and you may be prosecuted.

Return to top

Frequently Asked Questions

What is a pawn?

Customers pledge property as collateral in return we loan them cash. When customers pay back the loan, the property is returned.

What can I pawn or sell?

We accept most items as long as there is a resale market for them. Some of the more popular items include jewelry, musical instruments, electronics, tools, and firearms.

Do you pay in cash or check?

We pay in cash.

How is my pawn or buy offer determined?

Facet will determine the resale value of your item based on its condition, age, and demand in the marketplace.

How long can I leave my item in pawn?

A pawn is initially a 100 day loan (72hrs minimum) and can be extended monthly. The extension payments allow you to leave your item in pawn longer if needed.

What is the difference between pawning or selling my item?

A pawn allows you to redeem your item held as collateral and if you do not want to borrow against your item, simply sell it to us. We offer slightly more to purchase your item.

What happens if I decide not to reclaim or extend my pawn?

The collateral is then offered for sale.

Will defaulting on my loan affect my credit score?

Defaulting on a pawn will never impact one’s credit rating. Since the item is the collateral, you can forfeit an item and still continue to pawn with us in the future.

What is the minimum/maximum amount I can borrow on my item?

There is no minimum or maximum amount.

What are acceptable payment methods?

We accept all major credit cards, cash, and checks as payment on your finance charge. Cash payment is required to redeem your pawn.

How does Facet store my item?

We have climate controlled environment for storage and bank vault security.

Can I have more than one item pawned at a time?

You may pawn as many item as you like and do as many pawn transactions as you need.

What do I need to bring when I pawn my item?

You must be a minimum of 18 years of age and have a valid government issued photo ID. Please bring all necessary accessories for tools and electronics to function.

Can anyone get information about my pawn?

Facet follows privacy laws set by the state and federal government. We do not release your information to anyone but you, except in the case of law enforcement as required by law.

Can anyone pick up or reclaim my pawn?

Only the original pledger may reclaim their pawn only with the proper paperwork and identification and the signed, original contract. Transferring the rights to the contract, can someone other than the original pledger reclaim a pawn ticket.

Do I need my pawn ticket to pick up my item?

No, it is not necessary to provide you pawn ticket upon redemption, although, there is a $2.00 fee for a lost ticket.

Will I get a notice before my item forfeits?

If no payments are made within two months, we will send a reminder letter to the address we have for you on file. The letter is mailed by the USPS with proof of mailing. The “late notice” gives you a forty day reminder to pay your finance charges to extend your pawn or reclaim it before the date it would forfeit and be for sale.

What do I do If I had an item stolen?

If you had an item stolen file a police report as soon as possible. As required by law we furnish the local police departments with a description of each item taken in daily. Law enforcement will contact us and we will provide them with all necessary information.  Due to federal privacy laws we can only disclose information to law enforcement. There are hold periods for all pre-owned items before being offered for sale to aid in any investigation.

Can I pawn a firearm?

Yes, you must be at least 18yrs of age to pawn a hunting long gun and at least 21yrs of age for all other types of firearms. Please check the chamber to reassure that the firearm is not loaded. You must have a valid government issued photo ID.

Do you do a background check when I reclaim my firearm?

Yes, as required by law a background check must be performed at the time of redemption. Generally, there is no waiting period but there is the possibility of up to a three day wait period. There is a $2 charge associated with each firearm redemption transaction.

Does Facet want to forfeit my item?

We will purchase your merchandise outright if you wish, but we are happy to loan you money. Just like a bank, the finance charge is our profit and we are always eager to extend your pawn. Like all loans , if the finance charges are not paid then Facet will need to reclaim its investment and forfeit the pawn.

Do most pawns become the property of Facet?

On the contrary, nationwide 80% of pawns are redeemed leaving only 20% to forfeit and be offered for sale. The forfeit redemption rate a Facet is slightly better about 82% is redeemed leaving 18% to forfeit.

How can I be assured that my item is safe and that Facet is trustworhty?

The pawnbroker trade is highly regulated by state and federal laws. Facet is a lending institution, much like a bank, and as so, are governed by the same federal laws. We are licensed by the state and are audited annually. Facet is also a licensed firearm dealer and we are audited annually by the ATF. Not to mention, we know that without our satisfied repeat customers we wouldn’t continue to grow over the twenty one years we have been in business.

What are the finance charges or how much does it cost for a pawn?

The finance charges vary from state to state. Fortunately, Ohio has one of the lowest interest rates in the nation. We charge 5% interest plus a $4 storage charge per month. So for a $100 loan the finance charge would be $9/month. There are a couple of other minimal fees that may be associated with a pawn but can easily be avoided. $2 for a lost ticket. $2 for a late notice when it is sent.

Does the merchandise on the showroom floor belong to people?

No. Every item on display in the showroom is saleable inventory clearly and reasonably priced and offered for sale. All pledged merchandise currently in pawn is not seen by the public and is kept in a secure area.

end faq

Return to top

Suggested Items to Pawn

Items should be in good working condition. We will pay more for clean items. Please have all neccessary operational equipment ie: charges, cables, adaptors, software, batteries (charged), etc.  All items that take a battery must have a charge so that we can properly test the item.



  • Diamond Jewelry
  • Gold (all karats)
  • Platinum
  • Gemstone Jewelry
  • Luxury watches



  • All karats of gold
  • Sterling silver
  • Class rings
  • Wedding bands
  • Necklaces/bracelets
  • Rings
  • Earrings
  • Pendants



  • Loose Diamonds (all sizes & shapes)
  • Diamond Jewelry



  • Laptops (Windows 7 or newer)
  • TVs (Led, Lcd, Plasma)
  • Ipads
  • Ipods
  • Digital Cameras (10mp & up)
  • Camcorders (Harddrive or SD card only)
  • Blu-ray/DVD players (w/ remote)
  • Surround Sound
  • Dock Station


  • Acoustic
  • Electric
  • Bass
  • Banjo
  • Mandolin
  • Ukulele

Band Instruments


  • Saxophones
  • Clarinets
  • Flutes
  • Trumpets
  • Trombones
  • Bell kits
  • Drum Sets (w/ all hardware)
  • Snare drum
  • Violins
  • Keyboards (w/ adaptor)



  • Mixers (Software & cables)
  • Amps
  • Speakers
  • Microphones
  • Pedals



  • Handguns
  • Rifles
  • Shotguns
  • Black Powders

Game Systems

  • Playstation 3 & 4
  • Nintendo Wii
  • Dsi/3D
  • Xbox One/360 (2009 or later)
  • Psp
  • Games



  • Construction tools (charged)
  • Mechanic tools
  • Chain saws (have gas to test)
  • Blowers (have gas to test)

Sporting Goods


  • Fishing Equipment (remove hooks)
  • Golf clubs
  • Bows
  • Knives

Luxury Watches


  • Name brand luxury watches
  • Precious metal watches

Return to top

Ø There is no minimum or maximum amount.